Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Fast Lane

Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exhalted among the nations,
I will be exhaled in the earth. Psalm 46:10


Give me a B
Give me a U
Give me a S
Give me a Y
Whatcha Got
Busy
Whatcha Got
Busy

Beginning August 25, 2010 life began to get busy. Of course, this was due to school starting. This was not too bad. It was something I knew was coming. However, it just did not seem to stop. Out of nowhere, life was no longer life. It has changed it form and I did not even recognize what it was anymore. I kept going, sometimes not even knowing how I made it through the day because the days were just coming so fast and never seeming to start or end. I have always been busy, especially with 3 kids, but it has been managable. This time however, the business controlled me and I lost focus of my priorities. This is not to say that I did not keep trying to do something to fix it myself. Of course I did because I am such a practical person. I just knew I could figure out how to make life slow down. Practicality was not the answer. Who would've known? I kept hearing this voice say,"Be still." "Be still." "Be still!!!" Was God crazy? How could I possibly BE STILL. "I" had too much to do! Then, not surprisingly, came the shear exhaustion. It was then that "BEING STILL" felt like heaven. God, the Father of the universe, had been trying to get me to rest in Him for months and I totally ignored Him. I am praying now that my life will not become USELESS because of business, but USEFUL because of resting in HIM.

No comments: